Health, Counseling, and Student Wellness
Dedicated to Students
Health, Counseling and Student Wellness is dedicated to helping students achieve and maintain optimal levels of physical, mental and emotional functioning. Our services are administered by highly trained and qualified professionals.
Please take some time to explore our website so you can learn more about the specific services available to you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding services that we provide or information on our website, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Infectious Disease in the News
With so much media attention these days on communicable diseases like Ebola and Enterovirus 68, it can certainly create anxiety in students, faculty, and staff on campus. Believe it or not, your best strategy to dispel any fears you might have is to be informed. Here is the most recent information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
A much more common problem can be simply trying to avoid getting sick during cold and flu season. There are a number of steps you can take to give yourself a better chance to avoid colds and flus this year. Here are the recommendations from the Northern Kentucky Health Department:
1) Get a flu vaccine (available through Health, Counseling and Student Wellness or other outlets)
2) Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after changing diapers
3) Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
4) Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and put your used tissue in the waste basket. If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands
5) Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick
6) Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick
7) Stay home when feeling sick, and obtain consultation from your health care provider
For more information on infectious disease, please check out the following websites:
Northern Kentucky Health Department: http://www.nkyhealth.org/
Centers for Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov/
World Health Organization: http://www.who.int/en/
CDC Advice for Colleges, Universitities, and Students: www.nc.cdc.gov/travel/page/advice-for-colleges-universities-and-students-about-ebola-in-west-africa
Women's Health, Sexual Health, and Birth Control Testing
Health, Counseling, and Student Wellness has begun offering STD Testing, Women's Health Exams, and Birth Control Services once again. Many of these services are covered by insurance plans, or we have reasonable rates if you do not have insurance. To schedule an appointment, call 859-572-5650.